Its that time of the year again! Back to routines and busy schedules… Beginning of the school year, marks full Calendars for families where kids are going from a day at school to afterschool programs and sports.
Meal planning can be challenging …finding time and energy after activities to cook dinners may be exhausting not to mention packing lunches and snacks for kids. However, it’s important that kids fuel properly to support energy levels, growth and meet nutrient demands. Especially Fall is when the cold and flu season starts, we want to make sure that we support our immune system by providing nutrient dense foods for our body.
The following are some ideas to help you with snack meal prep and making nutrition a priority in your household!
Stock up with the following food staples to make quick grab n go snacks!
- Whole Grain Crackers
- Barbara’s Puffins Original Cereal
- Way Better Snacks – chips or sprouted crackers
- Fruits- apples, grapes, bananas, berries
- Nuts ¼ cup = 1 serving (Pistachios, Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts)
- Seeds ¼ cup = 1 serving (Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds)
- Veggies- Tri-color Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes
- Kind Granola
- Kind Bar- Almond Macadamia Walnut + Protein
- Organic Grass Fed Plain Greek Yogurt
- Organic Cheese Sticks
- Deviled Eggs
- Plain Popcorn
- Nut Butters
- Hummus (Individual containers)
Its important to give kids a balance of various food groups. This includes variety of veggies and fruits, grains, organic dairy and protein foods.